IT Security service aims to protect the confidentiality, availability, and integrity of UC information assets through activities that identify and minimize information security risk. Information security has a direct financial, operational, and reputational impact on the University and its mission. Specific activities include:
- Incident / Security breach response management.
- Security awareness and training.
- Risk and compliance assessments.
- Consultation with business owners to identify and mitigate vulnerabilities in business processes and technology implementation.
- Sensitive data consultation to identify sensitive data and how to protect it in storage and transmission.
- Coordination of the technical aspects of UCOP eDiscovery preservation.